Let’s just cut to the chase today, shall we?
The same news items seem to be circling today — and every day, lately — and, to be frank, I’m simply sick and tired of hearing about this crap over and over and over again. Thus, here’s a lovely little bullet list* for you fine folks filled with the various babblings that I simply wish would disappear:
- LeBron James — The entire country is buzzing today about which team James will choose. And yes, I care about his decision. Why? Because that’ll mean that constant yapping about this one tiny topic will end soon enough.
- Lindsay Lohan — Drama, drama, drama. People.com is FILLED with articles about her today. “Lindsay Lohan Disappointed in ‘Harsh’ and ‘Unfair’ Sentence,” “5 Things to Know About Lindsay Lohan’s Judge,” “Kardashian delivers takeout to Lohan in West Hollywood.” Are you for real? It’s Lohan-overload, if you ask me. She was sentenced to 90 days in jail. Yes, if I were her, I wouldn’t be too thrilled either. But it’s about damn time she sucks it up, does what is needed, and moves on. I am so bored with the same drivel about her nearly every single week.
- BP — At the risk of sounding completely callous, I quit reading news about the BP oil spill weeks ago. The situation is quite a tragedy. There’s no doubt about that. But how many articles can I possibly read about the multitude of failed attempts they’ve made at plugging the leak and cleaning the Gulf? The only news I want to see/hear/read at this point is that they’ve successfully solved the issue. ‘Til then, I’d prefer those BP representatives off my TV and away from the barely-heartfelt commercials about preserving the shore. I simply don’t buy it. I’m ready for a solution.
- Glee — And here is where I ruffle a few blogger-feathers. It’s a smash hit, obviously, but not all of us enjoy it. Some of us prefer our comedies music-free. I thought once the season ended, I’d have a brief reprieve from the chatter about this show, but now that it’s nominated for a bazillion Emmys, I don’t see that happening any longer. Le sigh.
- Jake and Vienna — The majority of couples formed on The Bachelor simply don’t work out. That’s not news. But these two attention-hogs are thrusting their entire lives into the spotlight just to gain an extra minute of fame. Their 15 minutes are over. Maybe it’s time they realized that and ceased the public he-said/she-said baloney.
- World Cup — OMG, when is this damn thing over!? It’s been draggggggggging on for seemingly forever. Hasn’t someone won yet? Ugh.
I am nearly certain there are many more items that can easily be added to this list, but my fountain of complaints has run dry. What repeatedly-discussed topics are bothering you this week? And what issues are you ready to see disappear from daily dialogue?
* Normally I’d include links to most, if not all, of my news references, but with how frequently these subjects have been discussed, I’m sure it’ll be okay if I let those notations go just this once.